Here are some air hostess photos from the seventies and before. Those were the days my friend, the days that flying was fun and not as stressful as it is now. No cramped seat, no low cost misery, no $5 for a drink and no dreadful time consuming airport security protocols.
Especially the late sixties and early seventies saw some really colorful and sometimes naughty air hostess uniforms. Many of those uniforms would be considered sexist and inappropriate nowadays, so we’ll probably never see anything like that again. It’s a shame because the happy colors of Pacific Southwest Airlines put a smile on your face, it would certainly bring back some of the joy of the golden days of flying!
1. Air hostesses of Pacific Southwest Airlines.
2. Pacific Southwest Airlines.
3. British Airways.
4. Graduated American Airlines stewardesses in 1961.
5. An Air West flight attendant in her uniform which was designed by Oleg Cassini and worn from 1968 to 1971.
6. Trans Canada Airlines air hostesses.
7. Qantas crew wearing Emilio Pucci uniforms which were worn from 1974-1985.
8. Scandinavian Airlines air hostess in 1959.
9. Air Florida stewardesses in the seventies.
10. Pakistan International Airlines stewardess in 1966.
11. Stewardesses of Pan Am, 1961.
12. Delta Airlines stewardess serving drinks in 1968.
13. TWA stewardesses.
14. Southwest Airlines, 1968.
15. Flight attendants of Hughes Airways.
16. Southwest Airlines, 1970.
17. Southwest Airlines, 1971.
Please Share with your family and friends on Facebook!